The off season continues to chug a long at its March pace, and then last week happened, adding a whole lot of drama to the NFL.
Deals, trades, and releases o’plenty this week in the league, as players got paid, and got laid..off, in another shakin’ bakin’ week in the NFL.
Wade and Ryan look at all of the league news in their latest podcast, called Rough Trades.
Way to go Packers! You did the dirty deed and got the Rodgers deal done.
Green Bay should be playoff contenders in 2022, and are already fan faves because of their London trip scheduled for this fall.
Aaron and Devante now make up 25% of Green Bay’s overall salary, which means that the other 50 players get the other 75%. Sounds a bit like capitalism!
Anything less than a Superbowl win over this next few years will feel like a massive failure.
On the other end of the spectrum is Carson Wentz, who blew the wad big time when he failed to take a prime Colts team to the post season.
Wentz has a bad rep on pretty much every team that he ends on, and his anti vax stance might make him a pariah on most teams.
Indianapolis is able to offload Wentz to the Commanders, but who will lead them to victory in the 2022 season?
Wade & Ryan think Matt Ryan, Ryan Fitzpatrick, or Jimmy G will all be better upgrades to compliment that fierce rushing game.
Russell Wilson is finally away from Seattle, and off to the mile high lifestyle of the Broncos in a major trade this week.
Russ suffered his first losing season last year, while Teddy Bridgewater was able to sling together some wins in an impressive depressing season for Denver.
The Seahawks are going to need more than Drew Lockett, and all signs point to them going hard after Deshaun Watson.
Joe Buck Off
Joe Buck gets paid!
If you haven’t seen the hilarious sports series ‘Brockmire’ starring Hank Azaria, then you should watch it only for his countless Joe Buck burns.
To be honest, if you don’t like Joe Buck, then you might actually like him after watching the series.
Here are some of the funniest lines from the show.
Joe Buck got paid this week, after leaving FOX Sports for ESPN in a major deal that sees him reunite with Troy Aikman.
Broadcasters are going nuts this week, offering pundits big money paydays to front big sports shows.
Do fans really care though?
Anyone watching the NFL in a bar could care less about what these guys say, as they are busy watching 4 games at once.
Just a sign that everything in the NFL is going overboard since our return from COVID.
Lamar Jackson is apparently ghosting the Baltimore Ravens as his contract negotiations draw near.
The former player of the year has struggled in the past few season, despite Harbaugh and the Ravens committing to him in public and on the field.
With Kyler Murray struggling to get a big deal, it might be that the Ravens are feeling him out to see if this will be Lamar’s last season in The Wire.
Saves them a heck of a lot of money in the long run if he turns to bust.
Packers, Jaguars and Saints are heading to London this year!
Who are they playing and when? We don’t know all of that yet, but will keep you in the loop for everything NFL in London.
We are looking to host some big parties, tailgate events around the London games, and more fan fun as the spectre of COVID disappears and normality returns to some degree.
We are looking forward to a bigass year of NFL action in London, hope you can join us for this wild ride.